Written by Ben Gross |
Date: 13th April 2018
WHY CREATING THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY IS ESSENTIAL FOR YOUR BUSINESS OR ORGANISATION?
Firstly what is it, A customer journey map tells the story of the customer’s experience; from initial contact through the engagement process and into a long-term relationship. Use it to guide your marketing strategy.
Why is it important?
Each customer needs to be lead on a meaningful and memorable journey. Providing them with great content that is tailored increases their engagement which increase your chance of success. Mapping out the customer journey means you can target your market with direct content, resolve any potential frustrations they may have and rectify areas they are dropping off.
How do you create a great journey?
- Create a journey map. Put up post it notes for each touch point your clients have.
- Use this information to make a Birdseye view of the journey
- Make sure at each touchpoint you have great branding, a strong story and consistency
- Measure each stage and look for small improvements
What are the aims for defining a journey
Doing a journey well makes users interactions seamless. This creates:
- Trust and builds brand advocates
- Increases brand retention and loyalty
- Improves your return on investment because each of your marketing efforts is targeted
- Creates a focus for your strategic campaigns
Whether your user is interacting digitally through apps, websites or social media, visiting your physical space or ringing your teams you need to understand when the customer is ready to engage. All the touchpoints need to be well designed and thought out. Define their place in the customer journey.. Having this overview is key to your customers having an engaging journey and boosting your company.
Speak to us if you want to discuss this in more detail contact us and we’d be happy to talk to you.
To find out about more strategies that can help you grow, view our 9 digital strategies section.